A very useful feature that is often overlooked in CoPilot Live is the Shortcut button. With the Shortcut button you can easily and quickly switch between commonly used navigation options. Stopped at a light and want to see what you’re next upcoming turns are? Switch to Itinerary view. Decided to finish out the trip on foot? Switch to Walking Mode.
Here’s how to use the Shortcut Button:
Once you’ve entered your destination and selected GO, CoPilot Live will calculate your route and begin guiding you.
Select the Shortcut button from the driving view (Hint: It looks like a little wrench and screwdriver!)
- Switch between the 2D or 3D driving view.
- For less distraction, show the Safety View which only displays a map when you need to make a turn.
- Display the Itinerary to view complete turn-by-turn directions for your journey.
- Adjust the Volume using < and > arrow buttons, or select Mute. (for iPhone use device volume controls)
- Select your Mode of Travel by choosing Auto, Walking, RV, Motorcycle or Bicycle.
- Choose to display CoPilot Live in Portrait or Landscape. (for iPhone turn device to switch)
- Show or hide Compass in map view.
The Shortcut button is to be used to switch between navigation options while completely stationary. We do not advise touching the screen while driving.
These are just a couple of the tools we’ve got in the CoPilot Live toolbox to help you customize your every journey. If you ever have a question on something within CoPilot Live, whether it’s a feature you’re not sure how to use or you just want tips on general routing or customization features, just ask us!
And if you have a tip or trick that you use, please share it here for all our CoPilot Live users to see!