The free updates give you a complete set of updated North America street maps and points of interest, including over 15,000 miles of new roads and hundreds of map improvements submitted by users through our MapSure™ service. Also included in the updates is improved guidance at road intersections, integrated local search and the ability to post your journey information to Facebook. And in case that wasn’t enough, we’ve also added one of our most commonly requested features—adjustable music settings!
New features in the update:
Complete set of updated North America street maps
- For all iPhone customers, the new maps are included in the free update via the application updates in your iTunes.
- For CoPilot Live Directions customers, you can download the latest free Quarterly map update directly from your phone. Within CoPilot Live Directions, go to Menu > Get Maps.
Improved guidance with Lane Assist & ClearTurn™: With this latest update, CoPilot Live makes it easier than ever to see where to go at complex intersections. Lane Assist shows exactly which lane to be in, while ClearTurn provides a more realistic display of upcoming highway exits and intersections.
Adjustable music volume settings: You asked and we listened! One of the most frequently requested features made by CoPilot Live iPhone users, now you can choose to mute or dim music while receiving voice instructions. Simply select Menu > Settings > Sound.
Facebook Status Updates*: Now you can share your journey with your friends with in-app Facebook status updates, including where you are, where you’re going and even what you’re listening to. Simply select Menu > Post Facebook Status. You can choose to post updates automatically or manually.
Free Local Search* is now standard: With integrated local Internet search, you can easily find the nearest product, service, brand, store or just about anything you need. Simply key-in whatever you’re looking for and be guided straight there.
*Facebook Status updates and Free Local Search require a mobile internet connection.
Here’s how to get the update:
Please note you will need to do a License Reset on your iPhone to get all the features.
- Step 1: Download the latest CoPilot Live free app update form the App Store on your iPhone or through iTunes
- Step 2: On your iPhone, go to SETTINGS and select your app (e.g. CoPilot NA or Directions)
- Step 3: Set the LICENSE RESET to ON
- Step 4: Open CoPilot Live on the iPhone. You will need to reactivate with your CoPilot ID
***If you have a Premium Live Services upgrade (Live Traffic & Live Fuel Prices) for your CoPilot Live—you will need to restore the Premium Live Services license within CoPilot Live after you do the License Reset on your iPhone.
Here’s how to restore your Premium Live Services license:
- Within your CoPilot Live, go to: MENU > CoPilot Store > Restore Licenses
- You will be asked to enter your iTunes Password. Then tap OK
- Select “Live Traffic, Local Search & Fuel Prices – 12 Months”. See screenshot for help.
- Once you see the Restoration Successful screen you are all set to continue using CoPilot’s Premium Live Services
Now you’re all set to start navigating with the latest software. Enjoy!