We are continuously working to enhance our map data to provide the best possible navigation experience with CoPilot Live North America and CoPilot Live Directions. So of course, we want to make sure you’re using it! Here are 3 reminders on what you can do to make sure you always have the latest maps guiding your way.
As part of our MapSure™ service we provide you will the very latest map of the North America road network as a free download every quarter. If you haven’t already, be sure to download the latest North America map data which includes over 15,000 miles of new roads and hundreds of map improvements submitted by the CoPilot Live user community.
Here’s how to get the latest quarterly map update:
- For iPhone customers: You can download the latest free Quarterly map update via the latest application update in your iTunes – Version 220.127.116.119 which was released on March 12, 2010.
- For CoPilot Live Directions customers: You can download the latest free Quarterly map update directly from your phone using CoPilot Live Directions. Within CoPilot Live, go to MENU > Get Maps
- For Windows Mobile & Android customers: Download your free full map update using the latest version of CoPilot Central 2.0 desktop companion software. You can download and install CoPilot Central 2.0 from http://www.alk.com/copilot/central/. The latest North America maps will have the Release Date: March 3, 2010. Make sure you also have the latest version of CoPilot Live for your Windows Mobile or Android device. You can also download the latest version of maps directly from your phone using CoPilot Live. Within CoPilot Live, go to MENU> Get Maps
2. Check for free monthly map maintenance updates
Another feature of MapSure is our free monthly map maintenance updates downloaded straight to your CoPilot Live via the mobile web or WiFi. These include emergency road closures and updates reported by users like you. You can download the latest map maintenance updates directly from your device.
- Go to MENU > Updates and tap “Check for Updates”
*Please note you MUST have the latest Quarterly Map update (mentioned above) on your CoPilot Live for the map maintenance updates to work.
3. Report Map Updates
And lastly, you can help us improve specific areas more quickly by reporting changes and recommending updates here. If you notice a road or address that you believe needs updating, you can report it directly to us. We will verify the information, add it to our maps and distribute it, along with other changes, to everyone through an update within 45 days.
And while we are on the topic of map update requests, one important thing to note. Our office in New Jersey experienced a power outage during the storm that hit the state pretty hard last week. If you submitted a map update request between Saturday, March 13th and Tuesday, March 16th—we ask that you resubmit your request to make sure we received it. We want to be absolutely sure your map update is included in the next monthly maintenance update! Thank you.