I recently moved to a new town and on the first day I got there, I was quickly reminded how useful CoPilot Live’s Points-of-Interest (POIs) are. Where is the closest bank so I can go to the ATM to pay the movers? Where is a grocery store so we can eat more than just the half stale bag of Doritos that we found in a box? Does anyone know where a hardware store is? I am in desperate need of some light bulbs!
That day CoPilot Live instantly became my well-informed tour guide of my new town. With millions of POIs stored directly on-board your phone you have instant access to all the useful places you may need along your journey. Whether you’re visiting a new town on a weekend outing or looking for a specific place in your hometown, CoPilot Live has all the information you need.
Here are couple tips for how to get the most out of your POIs:
1. Choose where you want to search for POIs. Select a location of where you would like to search for a POI. Options include:
- Nearby: to find POIs close to your current location
- In different city: to search for POIs in a particular town or city—great for pre-trip planning from home! See what Attractions and Entertainment options are available before your leave the house
- On my route: to find POIs which are along your route—perfect for those take-out dinner stops on your way home from work
2. Narrow your POI search to find exactly what you need. CoPilot Live offers over 25 different categories of POIs such as Gas Stations, Restaurants, Hotels, Airports and ATMs as well as an endless variety of sub categories to narrow your search even further. Looking for a great karaoke bar? Go to More Categories > Entertainment > Karaoke for a list of nearby locations. Or if you prefer, tap Show Map to display all the results on a map.
3. Search for a POI by Name. Know exactly what you’re looking for? Use the Search by Name feature to type the specific name of a location.
4. Call a POI directly from your phone. This is one of the best features of having navigation on your phone, you can dial and call POIs from within CoPilot Live. Call ahead for hotel reservations or to see if the Auto Body store is still open. Then hit Go and CoPilot Live will navigate you straight there!
I hope you found this week’s tip & trick helpful! Happy travels!