Today we released an app update for CoPilot Live USA Android users:¬† Version 188.8.131.528.¬†¬†¬†The free update is available to download immediately from Android Market.¬† **This is an important update that¬†resolves the map unpacking and download issues some customers have reported. **¬†
Additional¬†features and improvements include:
- We’ve¬†enabled the ability to move the app from flash to sd – a highly requested feature by our customers.¬† Thanks to all¬†the customers that provided us their¬†feedback!
- We’ve added the ability¬†to use CoPilot Live USA with your Bluetooth¬†headset
How to run from SD:¬†
If your Android phone or tablet device is running Android OS version 2.2 aka Froyo, you can now run CoPilot Live directly from a memory card to free up memory space on your phone.¬† Instructions for setting this up may vary depending on your phone but here is a typical expample of how it should work for most Android devices:
- On your Android device, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > CoPilot Live USA (or North America)
- Select Move to SD Card (or similar).¬†¬†Alternatively if CoPilot Live is already installed on the SD card you can choose to¬†Move to phone
- Please note Run from SD is not available for phones with Android OS version 2.1 or earlier
Improved audio performance for Bluetooth car kits:¬†¬†¬†
CoPilot Live‚Äôs¬†spoken instructions¬†will now be heard¬†only¬†through the car kit‚Äôs speaker (as opposed to the device and car kit).
And for those who haven‚Äôt tried it yet, this update also includes 14 days use of the ActiveTraffic service.¬† It‚Äôs absolutely free for 14 days and after the 14 days is complete‚ÄĒthere is no obligation to purchase.¬† If you like the service, you can purchase 12 months of use for $9.99 from CoPilot Central or the CoPilot Live webstore – where it’s currently 15% off with promo code Autumn15!¬† Just enter the code at checkout.¬†
If you decide you don‚Äôt need a traffic service at this time or are lucky enough to live in an area that is congestion free‚ÄĒ that‚Äôs no problem‚ÄĒwe thank you for giving it a try!¬† As we stated you will not be charged for anything.
Get the update today!
If you have any questions about the update or CoPilot Live in general, you can ask us here!