We’ve received a lot of inquiries from CoPilot Live Premium and
Standard customers about how to re-install the app to a new device or after upgrading an Android device ROM.
*Please note that we cannot guarantee support for unofficial or
pre-release Android ROMs*
Here are a few steps you’ll need to take to avoid activation
1. Uninstall CoPilot Live Premium or CoPilot Live Standard from your
existing device or factory reset the device to completely remove CoPilot Live.
2. Delete the following folder from your memory card: com.alk.copilot.*
(you need to delete the entire folder from the memory card).
3. On your new device – or after you have installed your new ROM –
please now re-install CoPilot Live from the Android Market. Do NOT perform any
kind of restore.
4. Once installed, start CoPilot Live and follow the first run wizard.
5. Download the maps again from in-app: MyCoPilot > My
Maps (do NOT copy the maps across or restore these from a backup).
You should now be able to activate your CoPilot Live Premium or
CoPilot Live Standard app.
If you have any additional questions, please let us know.