In addition to updated street maps (Q2 2011), we’ve taken the opportunity to include a popular customer request: The ability to import custom POIs
To add your own POIs to the millions already included in CoPilot Live, simply follow these 10 easy steps:
1. Download the latest CoPilot Live app update (version 188.8.131.52) from the Android Market or using the link you were emailed in your order confirmation if you purchased the app on the CoPilot Store.
2. Once you’ve completed the installation of the app update, you’ll need to close your CoPilot Live before continuing to the next step
3. Connect your device to a computer using a USB cable
4. Drag the status bar downwards to open the notifications panel. Select USB connection, then choose the option to mount the memory card on your computer
5. Browse to the com.alk.copilot.* directory on your memory card and open the Save folder
6. Drag and drop your custom POI list and icons from your computer to the Save folder
7. Unmount the memory card from your computer
8. Start CoPilot Live on your mobile device
9. Enter a name for the list you imported
10. Select a POI category from the list or create a new one. To set up a new POI category, tap New Category, then enter a category name of your choice and pick a POI image for it.
Still haven’t purchased CoPilot Live for Android yet?