This week we’re at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, KY previewing our new version of CoPilot Truck for Smartphones and Tablets! This new version brings the latest truck-specific, turn-by-turn guidance and routing technology to iPhones, iPads, Android devices, laptops and Windows Mobile rugged devices.
Designed for professional drivers, CoPilot Truck is the ideal GPS navigation solution for owner operators and small fleets. A fully on-board navigation solution, CoPilot Truck stores detailed ALK Maps™ of North America directly on the smartphone or tablet, so drivers can navigate stress-free without burning through their data plan or becoming stranded without maps if they lose cell coverage. Using customizable truck dimensions for height, length and weight/axel weight, drivers can calculate the optimal truck route that is both safe and legal, to avoid costly fines and truck damage.
The new version is packed with useful new features, including:
– Updated industry standard PC*MILER routing and truck-specific attributes
– RouteSync™ functionality for in-vehicle consistency with PC*MILER routing and mileage used for dispatch, billing, driver pay, fuel tax reporting, rating, costing and other core management applications
– Alternate Routes: CoPilot Truck provides a choice of up to 3 alternate routes to a destination
– Ability to drag the route to fully customize the exact route a driver wants to take
– The latest street-level ALK Maps™ of North America stored on-board the device for offline use
– Major Roads Preview: A list of only the highways and interstates of the planned route for quick verification
– Ability to launch CoPilot Truck from within other iOS or Android apps on your device and provide navigation to a destination
The app also features a redesigned, driver-friendly user interface that puts all the navigation and driving features a driver needs right at their fingertips, when they need them.
The new version of CoPilot Truck will be available to purchase for the price of $149.99 through the iTunes App Store, Google Play and at www.copilotlive.com/truck in mid-April 2012. Subscriptions for 12 months are available for the ActiveTraffic™ service for $9.99 and Live Fuel Prices service for $4.99. CoPilot Truck v8 customers will be able to upgrade to the new version via a free update.
We’ll have more details soon!