Professional drivers know better than anyone how crucial it is to find the optimal route, one that truck-legal and safe for their load.ย The CoPilot Truck app provides an easy-to-use feature to create and store multiple truck profiles using customizable vehicle dimensions and load type, to avoid costly fines, possible vehicle & load damage, and avoid truck restricted roads.
Hereโs how to create a truck routing profile:
From the Main Menu tap: Route> Truck Routing Profile.
This will display a screen with a variety of customizable options including:
- โข ย Truck Dimensions - In this menu, you can select from a list of industry standard vehicle dimensions or you can choose Use Custom Size Restrictions to create your own profile for the Max Height, Total Length, Max Width, Total Weight and Total Weight/Axle of your truck
- โข ย Hazmat Routing - You can customize your profile further by selecting the hazardous materials you may be transporting. Select one or all from the following categories: Explosives, Flammable, Inhalants, Caustic, or Radioactive.
- โข ย Display Restrictions โ From here you can choose to have truck restrictions shown continuously on a map while driving or turn them off if preferred.
- โข ย Toll Roads - Choose to route with or to avoid toll roads in your truck profile by selecting to Always Avoid, Avoid if Possible or Use.
- โข ย Customize Roads & Speeds โ In this menu, you can favor certain road types such as Freeways, Dividedย Highways, Primary Roads, Secondary Roads and Local Streets.
CoPilot Truck also gives you the ability to select the maximum speed for each road type.
- โข ย Additional Routing Options โ You can also choose to generate routes based on Practical, Shortest, 53โ/102โ Trailer or Twins and National Network.
- โข ย Override Restrictions โ Designed for those instances when you want to use CoPilot Truck for standard car navigation.ย This option allows you to quickly and easily restore neutral (non-truck) settings without losing current or other trucking profiles.
Once you have selected the settings you want, youโre ready to start navigating.
For more information on how to use your CoPilot Truck app, visit our in-depth User Guide located in the app.ย From the Main Menu tap MyCoPilot > Help & Feedback > User Guide
As always safe and happy travels!