We’ve released a complete map update featuring our latest 2012 Q2 map data for all North America & USA CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Truck iPhone & iPad customers. This adds thousands of new miles of roads in the U.S. and Canada and hundreds of map improvements submitted by customers through the ALK MapSure service.
*****IMPORTANT***** You’ll notice this app update will take a lot less time! We’ve made it much easier for you to download our free app updates by separating the app from the map. Your maps are still stored on-board your device for offline navigation but you’ll need to download them via WiFi first.
After your maps are downloaded, you will need to select your TTS voice again. To do so, tap Settings> Language & Voice and select the language you prefer. Make sure to select a voice with a * next to it. This means it is a Text-to-Speech voice that will speak full street names.
It’s easy to download your update maps, here’s how:
1) Download the latest free app update from iTunes.
- CoPilot Live Premium customers: Version v22.214.171.124
- CoPilot Truck customers: Version 126.96.36.1998
2) Now you’re ready to download your maps via WiFi
3) Within your CoPilot app, go to MyCoPilot
1) Select My Maps
2) Select North America.
3) A pop-up will appear asking you if you would like to install your map update. Tap Continue and your map download will immediately begin.
4) The North America region will automatically start downloading. If you would prefer to only download a sub-region (and save space on your device) just pause the North America region and tap the sub-region you wish to download.
If you have any questions, just ask!