Here in the US, it seems like Windows Phone still has a lot of work to do to catch up with more smartphone users. The Nokia Lumia 1520 is a big, bold statement from Microsoft and Nokia that should help them offer users another option when searching for the perfect device.
- 6” full HD 1080p IPS LCD, ClearBlack, Sunlight readability, Super sensitive touch, Gorilla Glass 2
- Pixel density: 368 ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad-Core processor, 2.2 GHz
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage (32 GB available outside US)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 3400 mAh internal battery
- micro SD expansion
- nano SIM
- Camera: 20 MP PureView, ZEISS optics, OIS, 2x lossless zoom, oversampling, dual LED flash
- Size/Weight: 162.8 mm x 85.4 mm x 8.7 mm; 206 g
- Colors: Yellow, white, black, glossy red
Size wise, this Lumia may not be for everyone, it has a massive 6 inch display which may not slip well into your pocket. However, the 1520 boasts an amazingly quick processor (the new 2.2GHz, quad-core Snapdragon 800 to be exact). This speed, coupled with a bigger screen and great resolution bodes well for any gaming apps or a certain award winning gps navigation app that you use frequently.
So is this smartphone for you? Well, that depends. Sure it’s a little large but it’s also slim. Nokia is well known for its camera technology and they placed an amazing 20MP Pureview into the 1520 which will rival most smartphone cameras on the market. One other drawback is the 16GB of storage, you may find you’ll run out of space quickly between your CoPilot GPS maps, high-res games and all the photo’s you’ll be taking (a 32GB version of the phone is available outside the US).
Either way, we’re glad to see Microsoft and Nokia enter the ‘phablet’ arena with the Lumia 1520. These large phones provide a great experience navigating you to your destination.
-Rob Irving, Senior Software Engineer, on behalf of Team CoPilot