With the current cold snap embracing the UK for the next fortnight at least, our thoughts turned to the fun stuff that winter heralds. Top of the list in most cases, was the next skiing trip.
Whether your destination is Val d’Iseres or Austria, don’t forget your CoPilot Live. Our European edition will give you direction from your door to chalet, hotel or apartment thanks to its intuitive address entry and seamless, cross-boarder mapping.
If North America is your winter destination of choice, then you might want to consider our Thanksgiving promotion, with CoPilot Live North America currently available for just £5.99 (USA+Canada). This will get you from the airport to the slopes of Whistler and beyond.
Whereever you choose to ski, CoPilot Live maps are stored on board so there’s no subscription or escalating mobile data charges to distract you from the important business on the blue and black runs.
And if you are planing to ski-drive, here’s a reminder of some precautionary measures to keep it safe:
- Add the proper amount of antifreeze to the engine coolant.
- Check the battery to make sure you have ample power for cold winter starts.
- Check your brakes.
- Check the heater and defroster.
- Change your oil.
- Use the right windshield fluid.
- Prepare your tyres and pack tyre chains.
- Take along emergency supplies: flashlight, blanket, sand or salt, and an ice scraper are indispensable.
- Always have a first-aid kit.
- Make sure you have a suitable in-car mobile phone charger, and your device loaded with CoPilot Live