This update includes a variey of performance improvements and fixes, as well as the ability to import custom POI databases.
Here’s instructions for importing custom POIs:
Firstly, you’ll need to ensure your custom POI database is in the correct format:
CoPilot Live can read the following POI file formats:CSV, OV2
You will need to to enter columns in the first row
You must have the following six column headings in your list: latitude, longitude, name, city, country and phone.
You can also import custom POI icons, JEPEG, BMP, or PNG images shouldÂ all be compatible.
Importing your POIs
- Download the latest CoPilot Live app update (version 220.127.116.11) from the Android Market or using the link you were emailed in your order confirmation ifÂ purchasedÂ via the CoPilot Store.
- Once youâ€™ve completed the installation of the app update, youâ€™ll need to close your CoPilot Live before continuing to the next step
- Connect your device to a computer using a USB cable
- Drag the AndroidÂ status bar downwards to open the notifications panel. Select USB connection, then choose the option to mount the memory card on your computer
- Browse to the com.alk.copilot.* Â directoryon your memory card and open the Save folder
- Drag and drop your custom POI list and icons from your computer to the Save folder
- Unmount the memory card from your Â computer
- Start CoPilot Live on your mobile device
- Enter a name for the list you imported
Select a POI category from the lis or create a new one. To set up a new POI category, tap NEW Catergory, then enter a category name of your choice and pick a POI image for it.
CoPilot Live will then automatically import your custom POIs.
Â Thatâ€™s it! Youâ€™re now ready to enter a POI as a destination and navigate there.
Â We hope that you enjoy this feature. And, if you like it or have any other feedback for us then let us know here on the CoPilot Live blog.