This update includes a variey of performance improvements and fixes, as well as the ability to import custom POI databases.
Here’s instructions for importing custom POIs:
Firstly, you’ll need to ensure your custom POI database is in the correct format:
CoPilot Live can read the following POI file formats:CSV, OV2
You will need to to enter columns in the first row
You must have the following six column headings in your list: latitude, longitude, name, city, country and phone.
You can also import custom POI icons, JEPEG, BMP, or PNG images should all be compatible.
Importing your POIs
- Download the latest CoPilot Live app update (version 184.108.40.206) from the Android Market or using the link you were emailed in your order confirmation if purchased via the CoPilot Store.
- Once you’ve completed the installation of the app update, you’ll need to close your CoPilot Live before continuing to the next step
- Connect your device to a computer using a USB cable
- Drag the Android status bar downwards to open the notifications panel. Select USB connection, then choose the option to mount the memory card on your computer
- Browse to the com.alk.copilot.* directoryon your memory card and open the Save folder
- Drag and drop your custom POI list and icons from your computer to the Save folder
- Unmount the memory card from your computer
- Start CoPilot Live on your mobile device
- Enter a name for the list you imported
Select a POI category from the lis or create a new one. To set up a new POI category, tap NEW Catergory, then enter a category name of your choice and pick a POI image for it.
CoPilot Live will then automatically import your custom POIs.
That’s it! You’re now ready to enter a POI as a destination and navigate there.
We hope that you enjoy this feature. And, if you like it or have any other feedback for us then let us know here on the CoPilot Live blog.