As a consequence of our free map update for Europe customers, we’ve made a major change to the way maps are managed in our CoPilot Live Premium Europe app. The updated maps now exceed the 2GB maximum allowed by the Apple App Store.
So to enable you to benefit from the latest maps, we’ve separated the app from the map. The good news is that now you can choose to store just the map regions you need on your iPhone/iPad. You will also be able to install future app updates without having to re-download the entire map of Europe each time.
IMPORTANT: Before you install the latest app update, we strongly recommend that you delete your existing CoPilot Live Premium Europe/HD Europe app from your iPhone/iPad first. If you do not delete your existing app, your previous version maps will remain stored (although not used) in the memory of your iPhone/iPad.
Note: Deleting the CoPilot Live Premium app will delete your CoPilot settings, Favourites and Recent places.
Step A: Delete your CoPilot Live Premium app and map from your iPhone/iPad
- 1. Tap and hold down the CoPilot Live Premium app icon on your iOS device for a few seconds.
- 2. The apps on your screen will start to wobble and an “X” will appear on them.
- 3. Tap on the “X” in the upper-left corner of the CoPilot Live Premium app icon and select “Delete”
Step B: Download and install the updated CoPilot Live Premium app from iTunes
- 1. Log-in to iTunes using your Apple ID on your desktop computer or iPhone/iPad
- 2. Download and install your CoPilot Live Premium Europe app from iTunes
Step C: Select and download your maps regions from in-app via WiFi
- 1. Connect your iPhone/iPad to the Internet via WiFi (you can download maps via 3G but this may incur charges from your mobile provider)
- 2. Start your CoPilot Live Premium Europe/HD Europe app
- 3. Follow the on-screen instructions to choose your CoPilot Live settings
- 4. In the Smarter Map Management screen, tap Get Maps.
- 5. Choose the map region you wish to download. You can download maps of all of Europe or choose to store just the regions you need.
- 6. The status of the map download will be displayed. Here you can choose to Pause or Resume the map download.
- a.Enter a destination and start navigating with the latest map
- b.Download additional map regions
- c.Manage your maps – find out how in the user manual
Important: we strongly recommend downloading your required map regions via WiFi. Before you start, please make sure you have WiFi switched on and are connected to a network with a good signal. You can also download maps via 3G, although this may incur data charges from your mobile provider.
Note: You will only be able to download maps for a continent, region or country that you are licensed for.
Give your view, write a review
We really hope that you enjoy your early CoPilot Christmas present from us. Don’t forget to write a review on the App Store to share your thoughts with others.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from all the team at CoPilot Live.