Towards the end of last year we conducted a survey of CoPilot Live Premium customers to help us understand what our customers would like improved in the app and which features people would like to see added. Quite simply we were overwhelmed at the huge number of responses we’ve received, and we’d like to thank everyone who took the time to give us feedback.
Overall we were delighted to see that - 85% of our customers consider themselves are satisfied or very satisfied with CoPilot Live Premium, also that over 70% are very likely to recommend CoPilot to others.
Additional key statistics include:
- 78% of use the Alternate Route Feature and find it useful
- 75% of you like the user interface
- 60% of you find the routes calculated by CoPilot are usually or always excellent
We were pleased by the positive sentiment, however we know there’s plenty to do to improve the app. We received a lot of detailed suggestions, and here’s some of the most popular:
Top feature requests:
- Updated maps. The most commonly requested feature was updated maps, and we were happy to oblige with a complimentary map update in December.
- Music player controls. Many customers missed this feature from CoPilot Live v8 for iPhone. When we designed CoPilot Live Premium, we thought that people would prefer to use iOS multitasking to access iPod, but we were wrong! Music player controls into CoPilot Live Premium in our December update, and we are also investigating ways of providing this for Android too.
- On-screen compass in driving views. Coming soon!
- Learning routes. Quite a popular request was the ability for CoPilot to remember the route you take for common journeys. A complex one this, but something we aim to develop for the future.
Things you said we need to improve
- A number of customers asked us how they can update the safety camera database in CoPilot Live Premium. This is actually a quite straightforward task and can be done from Main Menu > MyCoPilot > News & Updates. We aim to post safety cameras updates every 2 weeks. However we recognise that we could make this more obvious and we are working on an automatic update process that we hope to bring to the app in coming months.
- Navigating without a destination. Many customers told us that they’d like us to improve the way in which CoPilot Live Premium works when a destination is not entered. We made some changes to this in our December update, and there’s more on the way, including the ability to view the status bar at the bottom of the driving screen
- Make it easier to find POIs on-route or near the destination. Quite a few customers told us that they would like to see this made easier in the app. We agree and are working on this for a future update.
- Easier access to Bing and Wikipedia. We were quite surprised to learn how few customers actually use our integrated Bing Local Search and Wikipedia features – it seems that many of you didn’t realise that it can be found in POI search. We’ll work to make this more accessible and also add additional sources of useful local content.
- Drag routes. Many of you told us that you find this feature useful but quite fiddly to use on a smaller smartphone screen. We are on the case to make this easier.
As always, we really value your opinions and thank all those who took part for their feedback. We are continuously working to improve CoPilot, and every update brings features and options based on customer requests when feasible. If we haven’t updated the app with the feature you wanted yet, rest reassured that we’re looking into it. We have some great innovations coming to CoPilot in 2012, and we’ll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts as we continue to improve.