New off-line route planning and local exploring app announced for iOS & Android Devices
Mobile World Congress – Barcelona, 27th February 2012.Â Today ALK Technologies Inc., one of the worldâ€™s leading developers of mobile navigation software, announced CoPilot GPS – a FREE route planning and mapping app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
CoPilot GPS makes it easy to find places you need and provides the best route to the door. Search the pre-installed points of interest for nearby restaurants, hotels and shops. Find local businesses and attractions using Bing and Wikipedia. Thereâ€™s no need to rely on a mobile connection â€“ detailed street maps of a country or region are stored on your smartphone or tablet, so CoPilot GPS still works even in off-line mode.
Once youâ€™ve selected your destination, CoPilot GPS calculates a choice of routes with turn directions, distance and travel time for each. Advanced itinerary planning features usually reserved for premium paid navigation apps mean that you can enter up to 50 stops and CoPilot will find the best way to go.
* Maps stored on-board your smartphone or tablet for off-line use
* Thousands of preinstalled Points of Interest (POIs) with in-app dialing
* Powerful route planning with multi-stop trip optimiser
* Alternate Routes: CoPilot provides up to 3 ways to your destination. Drag and drop the route to adjust.
* Driving directions: manually cycle through the turns to your destination
* Walking mode: explore unfamiliar cities on foot with confidence
* Social sharing: let your friends know where you are with Twitter & Facebook status updates*
* Dynamic local content: find useful and interesting places with Wikipedia and Bing Search*
CoPilot GPS users can also upgrade to full voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation via in-app purchase, and benefit from 3D map views, safety cameras alerts, speed limit warnings, and realistic ClearTurnâ„˘ display at complex interchanges.
“Consumers are often left disappointed with free GPS apps because they usually rely on constant mobile data connectivity,â€ť said David Quin, Head of Consumer Applications â€“ ALK Technologies. â€śCoPilot GPS offers smartphone and tablet owners a free navigation app that wonâ€™t burn through their data plan, and will never leave them stranded without maps if they lose cell coverage.â€ť
ALK Technologies is showcasing their latest innovations in mobile navigation, including the new CoPilot GPS app, on its stand at App Planet during Mobile World Congress Barcelona â€“ Hall 7, Stand C80.
- * CoPilot GPS will be available in Spring 2012 through the Android Market and iTunes App Store.
- * Voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation is available via in-app purchase for ÂŁ19.99 for lifetime use
- * ActiveTrafficâ„˘: real-time traffic service that scans your route for delays and automatically provides a faster route if available â€“ ÂŁ9.99 for a 12 months subscription
*Route planning, maps and points of interest are available for off-line use. Social networking status updates, Bing and Wikipedia require a mobile data connection
About ALK Technologies
ALK Technologies has been developing innovative mobile navigation and transportation technology solutions since 1979. ALKâ€™s award-winning CoPilotÂ® Liveâ„˘ GPS navigation apps are among the most award-winning in the industry and among the best-selling on app stores worldwide including iTunes and Android Market. CoPilot Live is the navigation platform of choice for mobile operators, hardware OEMs and enterprise systems integrators globally.