We’ve been putting the finishing touches to our latest app update for CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot GPS (v9.3) – in fact it’s available right now on the App Store, Google Play and CoPilot Webstore.
In addition to a variety of improvements and new features, arguably the biggest deal in this update is completely updated NAVTEQ maps for our customers in Europe, Australasia and South Africa. That’s a free map update folks!
As we all know, maps are at the heart of any sat nav system, and keeping them up to date is important. We use premium quality (and expensive!) maps from NAVTEQ, as used by most leading in-car nav systems, and previously we’ve only been able to bring you updates on an occasional basis.
However, in addition to this free update, we’ll be bringing Premium customers regular free updates in the future too. So think of your CoPilot purchase as an investment in the future – for features AND updated quality maps.*
UK customers might be interested to know that this particular free map update brings several major changes to the road network including:
- M74 extension in Glasgow. The new maps include this new stretch of motorway as well as the revised motorway network around the city.
- Hindhead Tunnel. The new maps include this new tunnel and road layout that bypasses Hindhead and the Devil’s Punch Bowl
- The second Tyne Tunnel
- The Weymouth Relief Road
- The new section of the M80 in Glasgow
*Note: the free map update will be available via app updates to our CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot GPS apps for iOS and Android during September and October 2012. The availability of individual apps will vary by region. CoPilot Live v8 customers need to switch to CoPilot GPS in order to get the map update. Excludes CoPilot Truck apps.
How to update your sat nav maps:
- Download the latest app update from iTunes
- Single region apps (e.g. UK + Ireland) you’ll get the map update automatically
- Europe and Western Europe apps: you’ll need to download the latest maps via WiFi (see below for details)
- Download the latest app from Google Play
- If you purchased your CoPilot app on the CoPilot Webstore, you can download our latest app update via this link.
- Download the latest maps via WiFi
How to download maps via WiFi (all Android apps and iOS Europe/W.Europe apps)
1) Select My CoPilot in the app
2) Select My Maps
3) Select your region (e.g. Europe)
5) Select “Continue” and the download will immediately begin
Download once for unlimited driving
Once you have completed downloading the maps, they are stored on your device as usual, so you can still use CoPilot Live without mobile or Internet connection and roaming charges when travelling abroad.
Give your view, write a review
If you have any questions about this update, please read our FAQs or contact our Technical support.