It’s August and many of us are heading on well deserved holidays. Here at CoPilot we are also getting on a summer holiday mood and therefore have this month collected you few interesting tips for the holiday travel. We hope you like them!
Before your travel, please:
- Make sure your app and maps are up-to-date
- Download all the map regions you need before you go. If you have an European app, you don’t actually have to download ALL the European maps, but to save precious space in your mobile/tablet, you can pick and choose the maps you need. For example if you drive from Manchester to Marseille you only have to download maps of UK+IE and France, and if you drive from Berlin to Rome, you only need DACH + Italy. After the trip you can delete the maps you don’t need anymore and enjoy the freed space. Just go to My CoPilot -> My Maps
- Search POIs to find the nearest ATM, restaurant, petrol station and more wherever you are going.
- Plan your route and enter all the addresses and POIs such as attractions, hotels and restaurants beforehand. Thanks to our trip optimisation feature, you don’t actually have to add all your stops in order, but just by clicking “Options” -> “Optimise stops” we will reorder them to give you the most practical route. By selecting “Save” you can also save your trip in advance
- Set directions in your own language if driving in a foreign language speaking country
- Check your data connection settings to avoid roaming charges if travelling abroad and data charges at home
- Pack a car charger for the road trip
- Check traffic reports before you leave
- Sit in the car, open your CoPilot and enjoy the drive!
We wish you a wonderful holiday and hope you have a relaxing drive wherever you are heading to!
Want to see more CoPilot Insider tips? Check this out: