Hello to all our CoPilot Live Android and Apple fans! There are many exciting news and Smartphone launches happening this autumn, and we wanted to celebrate especially the iPhone5 and Galaxy Note2 launch. To decide the prize we asked you few weeks ago, whether you would prefer an iPad or a Google Nexus7 tablet. Read More
Hello Androidians! Our development team has finalised our latest version of CoPilot Live sat nav, and it’s available as a free update right now for Android through Google Play (and web link download for our web store customers).
This latest app update keeps CoPilot moving forward, with new features, FREE updated street maps and greater integration with the Android operating system. We have also made a variety of improvements to the app based on the detailed feedback and ideas you’ve sent us through our forum and social media sites – thank you!
iOS customers: don’t worry, there’s an update coming for you too, but it’s awaiting approval from Apple. And CoPilot GPS customers: relax – you’ll be getting an update soon too!
Summer is over, but here at CoPilot we’ve decided to brighten up your autumn with our all new colour schemes!
Back in August we shared some of the concepts on our shortlist and asked you to vote which ones you’d like us to add to your CoPilot Live Premium sat nav app.
We are proud to announce the three most popular themes that have made the cut and are available now in our new 9.3 version of CoPilot Live and CoPilot GPS Android and iOS versions.
1. Neon Rain – A High Contrast, Sleek Electric Design
2. Cherry Pop – A bright “CoPilot Red” Inspired Design
3. Limonade – A cool and refreshing stir of green and pink
We’d like to thank everyone who voted and we have noted down all the ideas you have sent us. Of course, if you have more theme ideas, or other ways in which you’d like to personalise your CoPilot just let us know!
Tell us your ideas by commenting the themes photos on our CoPilot Live Facebook page, our CoPilot Live G+ page, Twitter @copilotlive or this blog post.
Always happy to hear from you!
The hotly anticipated new iPhone has been unveiled and as widely predicted it’s an all new design: thinner metal case, a fantastic larger screen and the new connector.
iPhone 5: What is new?
The new iPhone 5 has a similar look and feel as its other family members, but has a taller, larger 4-inch screen and is 18% thinner and 20% lighter than the iPhone 4S. The material itself is now made entirely of glass and aluminium, but unfortunately the rumour regarding the new connector was true – iPhone5 device will require a different size charging cord than previous models, making it complicated to use existing Apple docking stations and speakers designed for the old iPhone cord. Luckily there will be an adapter available, which means you are still able to use the old Apple devices. iOS 6 is available with Passbook and Apple’s Maps, Apple’s proprietary mapping and navigation app and the replacement for Google Maps on iOS.
Here’s a few reasons why we’re celebrating the new iPhone here at CoPilot
- The new iPhone is ideal for sat nav. That new screen is perfect for CoPilot’s in-car guidance, bringing the same large display experience to iPhone that many Android smartphone owners take for granted. Whether it’s widescreen sat nav in landscape or tall-screen navigation in portrait, we’ll be ensuring that CoPilot is iPhone 5-ready from day 1
- CoPilot integrates with Apple Maps. We also welcome the arrival of Apple’s own maps app, not least because we’ve integrated CoPilot with it. You can find a location on the map and navigate there using CoPilot’s full featured in-car guidance. As with all CoPilot apps, our maps are stored on the phone for reliable use when there’s no mobile internet connection available. Here is an example how it will work.
- A giant leap for smartphone navigation? We think that Apple’s maps will increase awareness about smartphone sat nav in general. We’ve spent the past decade evangelising about how smartphones are the ideal platform for navigation thanks to their connectivity for live journey information, convenient portability and their hi-res touch screens. The new iPhone will surely further the cause – and we’ll continue to offer a premium sat nav choice, introducing new innovations to make car journeys easier, safer and more predictable.
To celebrate the new iPhone, starting from next week we will be giving away CoPilot Live Premium sat nav apps…and something big for the Apple fans (and Android fans – we have not forgotten about you either). Make sure to keep close eye on our CoPilot Live Facebook page, G+ and Twitter – we’ll tell you more details next week!
Heading to Regent Street or Covent Garden Apple Store on launch day? We’ll be there too!
It is time to announce all our weekly CoPilot Live Summer Sweepstakes winners. We would like to thank everyone who participated in our competition – if you missed-out, don’t worry – we’ve got plenty of other exciting promotions (and product updates) coming up this autumn!
The Copilot Live Premium satnav app winners are…